Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Xbox One) review

Long story short: It's prettier, but it's not sixty bucks prettier. Read my review here.

It's worth mentioning that, as Gary already noted in the comments, this isn't intended to be a standalone criticism of the core game so much an evaluation of the "definitive" reissue and whether or not it's worth paying full price for what is essentially a last-gen game with refurbished graphics and a whole one extra tomb to explore. Much of what I wound up writing is pretty much in line with what I said in my blog entry about the game a few days ago.

While I did spend the bulk of this review complaining about both the bare-bones reissue and a couple of irritating flaws in Tomb Raider that my colleagues never really covered, I want to make it clear that I still wholeheartedly recommend Tomb Raider one way or the other. I meant it when I compared it to Metroid; I think they're cut from the same cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment